As I scan through all the Facebook posts this week, it occurs to me that a lot of my 'Friends' have little 4 year olds heading off to Junior Kindergarden for their first days this week. As I see each post, I wonder to myself if my kids would have reacted like many of them. Would they have been the screaming crying child, or the happy excited one? I know that Rowan would have been the former. Calla, the latter. But Eliana? I'm not sure. Some days she is very much like Rowan. Afraid to leave my side. But at other times she surprises me, strong and independent, takes off. This being Eliana's JK year, and my last to enter 'school age', I look back at the preschool years, the years up to now and thing, Wow. Time really flies when kids are around.
Do I regret not sending my kids to school? No.
Could I use a break? Most definitely.
Now, back to our regularly scheduled day of homeschooling my wonderful children.
No comments:
Post a Comment