As my eldest is in Grade 3 now, we finally have a curriculum plan that works for her. Many seasoned homeschoolers say that it can take a few years of trial and error before finding the system that works best for your child. I couldn't agree more. One must be flexible and be willing to change what isn't working to try something else that seems to fit better.
While reading a homeschooling message board today I had this sudden revelation: I am a seasoned homeschooler. No longer the new, fresh-eyed first or second year'er. Nope, not anymore. If you include the kindergarten years, we're in year 5. I still look at other curriculum and think: Would this work better? But I know my eldest, and know that the program we're using this year is her best fit. Now... my 7year old son? Whoa. That's a whole different game. Can someone please invent the completely LEGO curriculum? From Math -> Reading -> Language Arts -> Science -> Social Studies? He can build. He loves to build.
No comments:
Post a Comment