Sunday, December 12, 2010

housework and rambling

Been working hard this evening to get ahead of the cluttered chaos that has taken over this house. Sadly, it's not much improved.  Kitchen dishes are done, counters are wiped down. As Gord got the stomach flu bug that Rowan, Eliana and I had this week, he was out of commission all day.  Usually he's my house tidier on the weekends. What takes me all day he can accomplish in about 2 hours.  I tend to hyper focus on tasks that could probably be considered 2nd or 3rd priority, but feel good when they're done. So not only is the house a mess, I had the recycling and garbage to collect for tomorrow's pickup. Add to that a bedtime routine I don't usually partake of. I secretly wish he'd gotten sick on a weekday. Miss a day of work, spend the day in bed on a day you're not normally at home so that we can continue with our usual weekday stuff around you.  Sounds selfish, but now I'm starting the week feeling like today was Monday and there are still 5 days left until the weekend.

I know that this week is going to be hard for me.  I don't handle the life chaos well when my house looks like a 'Friday' on Monday.  It bothers me and takes my attention away from more important things like the kids schoolwork and meals. This week is also a busy one, with Drs appointments, kids playgroup Christmas party, a cookie exchange and a potluck lunch.  I may reschedule or cancel some of these activities as the week progresses.  Thankfully last week had nothing planned, with R sick on Sun and Eliana and me on Wed.

No comments: