Friday, August 26, 2011

Busy week indeed!

And it's only Thursday.

Gord went to Nashville on Monday morning, returned Tuesday night.  Wednesday I dropped his grumpy car off at the dealership for some much needed TLC.  Thankfully I have an awesome friend who picked me up from there.  Wed night Gord had a work dinner, so was home around 10:30. Kids and I entertained Gord's parents.

Today:
Scrambled to see if we had transpo to a birthday party, since the car was still at the dealership and Gord had the van.  Car was ready by 9:30 so the above mentioned awesome friend dropped us off at the dealership to retrieve the Acura.  I crammed 3 kids into the Acura (think Civic), picked up the gifts for the birthday party we were headed to (along with gifts for Eliana!) and headed to the party. All this before 10:30am.  The birthday party was for 2 kids, ages 6 & 9.  30 kids.  Holy freakin' crap I am never EVER inviting that many kids to a party.  Survived that thanks to nasty storm clouds telling me that swimming wasn't in the plan. ;) Headed home, stopped for Birthday supplies at No Frills. Cake making supplies (which isn't made yet).  Then home.  5:30 we went to the church for Family Fun night...Bouncy castle, pizza... good times!! After this, 5 kids, and again, the above mentioned awesome friend and I made a road trip in to Gord's work to retrieve my Van.  Gord's out tonight at a work team building event and we decided it would be better for him to take the offered taxi ride home.  As I need the van to shuttle kids to a party tomorrow, we opted to get the van tonight.

Tomorrow is Eliana's 5th birthday.  I am taking Eliana and 3 friends to Airzone for an hour or two of bouncy castle fun, followed by lunch and a craft back at home.  It should be a fun day for her.  She's excited.

I am looking forward to tomorrow. Eliana's a sweet child, full of creativity and impishness.  She's caring and loving and I love how she shares without reserve.  Hard to believe she's already 5.

No comments: