Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Silly baby games

Rowan and I taught Ellie to roll over today!! (at 9 1/2 months, it's about time) She did do it once a few months ago, just to realize she hated her tummy and never did it again. She still doesn't like being on her tummy, but laughs and makes the silliest faces while she propels herself onto her back. It's rather funny to watch, I shall try to catch her on video tomorrow. She scrunches her face up, getting ready for the 'landing' once she rolls. She's a cutie.

Rowan and I have had some Mommy/Son bonding time this week. Grandma picked Calla up on Monday morning and will be bringing her back on Wed night. Yesterday we went for a walk at 9am, just because R asked to. We made a craft, played in the yard, read books to Eliana. Today we went to coffee hour, got lunch to go from McD's (Rowan's choice) and had a picnic at Rotary Park (Ajax), meeting some friends there after lunch. We explored, Rowan led. We even had dessert before dinner! Now he's enjoying a rare treat of staying up until Daddy comes home from soccer (with hopes that we'll ALL sleep in tomorrow!!!) or until he falls asleep watching Peter Pan. Tomorrow we're off to a few stores to finish our father's day shopping. Rowan also wants to get some goldfish for our pond. I think that's a great plan.

Life is easier when we focus on what's really important.

No comments: