Wednesday is our home day. It's the day I keep for home-based learning activities.
How many subjects does baking cover?
Well, let's break it down:
1. Reading-I read the ingredients to R, he had to look at the list and find the right box on the shelf. (salt, baking soda...)
2. Math-explained fractions, read fractions, measured ingredients
3. Science-mixed ingredients, discussed whether we could separate them again, baked the muffins
C read a chapter from a Fairy Magic series book with few problems. (ugh, can they PLEASE stop making those books, each one has the same boring plot!) She likes them, they keep her reading which is good. Maybe I can sneak in some Magic Treehouse books for some variety.
We now have sight words stuck to our basement stairway walls. 20 words for R to learn to read, same 20 for C to learn to spell. And I thought I'd never get to the cross-teaching stage!! I know!! I'll put the colour words on coloured cards for E to learn her colours, while R learns to read the colours, while C learns to spell the colours.
I had a great idea for E & R. I want to make (or buy) an alphabet pocket chart, so E can put the letter in the pocket, R can put an item that starts/ends in the matching pocket. If they can play together, they can learn together.
No comments:
Post a Comment