Sunday, May 02, 2010

Language issues.

Rowan and Eliana have been having fun using words that get reactions.  Using words like: idiots, ugly, stupid, dumb, penis, vagina to name a few.

What to do... what to do...  If they weren't using them in public, I could see simply ignoring it.  But when they walk past someone and say quite loudly: That person's UGLY.  How do you respond??  Aside from the obvious: No, dear, they're not. It's not polite to say that. It can make the person feel sad. Would you feel sad? (all those types of responses)  What else can we do?  Public beatings are frowned upon, as is locking your children in the car (basement, closet...) you get my point.  Sometimes I have to take them out with me.   I know Eliana is doing it because her brother is instructing her to say it most of the time.

Calla's only language issues are saying "I hate having a brother!"  which isn't acceptable.  At least it's in the family and not directed at strangers.

No comments: