Why is "Clean up when you're done with it" such a difficult concept?
So they finished playing with their playmobil. (lots of parts) they leave it, all over the hallway, then run to the basement to start a new game.
Me: C and R, I need you to clean up the playmobil.
R: I don't like cleaning up. Why do I have to?
Me: Because it's easier now then after you have 3 more toys out and the mess is bigger.
R: But I HATE cleaning up.
Me: Either you do it or I do. If I do, you won't get them back for a long time.
R: Arrrrgggg...Grrr....
C: Come on R, let's go do it...
3 mins later... whisper whisper giggle.... now they're in the living room..
Me: I need you to finish cleaning up the playmo. Now.
C: Ooops... Hey R, how did we end up down here? (Giggle) Let's go back upstairs
2 comments:
I wish I could tell you it gets better when they are teenagers... ;)
Good luck with that. The older they get, the less pieces their toys have? Does that help?
Post a Comment