It is Friday. I've decided my blog followers need a homeschool update from the Wilson Academy.
Calla is using Time 4 Learning as her main source for Math, Science and Language studies. It is online. It allows me to generate reports so I can keep track of what she's learning and where she needs help. She likes it because it's online. I like it because it keeps me organized and on track as to where she is and what she needs to cover. I also supplement her math with MathFactCafe.com when I feel she needs more practice in a concept.
Rowan is currently unschooled. He builds lego, knex and meccano. He asks thought provoking questions and can answer most grade-level math questions without difficulty. He is completely uninterested in reading, which does not worry me, as he is a bright child. He still confuses letters like u-n d-b-p-q t-f. He is able to spell words when it suits him. He loves being read to.
Eliana is JK level. She is bright, shows early reading skills, knows all her letters, sounds, and can count past 20. She is our resident artist. Her colouring and painting easily equals Rowan's when she puts her mind to it.
All three kids are in a gym class at the local rec centre, art class through a gallery and take swimming lessons at a local pool. All these classes are for homeschooled kids. Calla is in Brownies and all three go to Sunday School on Sunday morning.
We also attend a local homeschool co-op when everyone is agreeable. Rowan has anxiety issues that cause him to be a bit disagreeable when he knows we're going to co-op. This week I have told them we are going to the library to see a cow's heart. Calla knows we're going to co-op, but Rowan hasn't been told it's actually co-op yet. We'll see how this works.
Just a reminder that according to their ages, Calla would be in Grade 3, Rowan Grade 2 and Eliana Junior Kindergarten.
No comments:
Post a Comment