Today started off with my sister and her kids taking Calla with them to Brighton. They unexpectedly spent the night as the weather was getting bad. After they left, Rowan and Eli has their friends over. By 3:30 all was quiet. Kids were playing nicely, so I sorted out the outgrown clothing pile (some to Eliana's bins, others to Goodwill bags) I also added some 'new' clothing to Eliana's dresser. Dinner of sausages, raw veggies and pasta was spent with a movie. Eliana didn't like the movie, so she went to watch Wonder Pets on Netflix. Sometime after the movie while I was cleaning the kitchen, Rowan and Eliana started to get wild. :( I don't handle wild Rowan well. Asking him to help put the stuffed animals back on Eliana's bed meant throwing them at me wildly, then trying to pass me the doll stroller, while giggling. Ellie got the lecture about when others try to make messes in your room, please tell them to stop. Then get Mommy.
By their bedtime I was exhausted. They were in bed, asleep by 8:30. Rowan and I had a chat about good choices, that doing things because they are fun isn't always the best choice. Jumping on the airbed, tossing stuffed animals all over, and being goofy when Mommy's getting angry aren't good choices.
We have Church tomorrow morning. After that, Rowan gets to choose what we're going to do.
I must admit the house is quite a bit cleaner than usual. I can only guess it's because I know it's just me maintaining it. No "Why should I clean it up when he's sitting there playing video games/watching tv"
I also don't watch TV when I'm alone. When Gord's home, I watch TV with him for the company, our together time, so to speak.
No comments:
Post a Comment