Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Time4Learning Review

We are a homeschooling family with 3 kids, ages 8,7 & 4.  Until this year, I have struggled to keep a schedule, often missing the a math or language lesson as we had too many outside activities going on, forgetting where we left off, or even where I put the books.  This past September I decided to try Time4Learning (T4L) with my 8 year old daughter, as she's now in Grade 3.  She has always been drawn to the computer so I felt this would work for her.  It also looked like it would help keep us on track with what she needs to learn this year.  I sometimes feared that if she had to go to school that she would be behind her peers.

What a difference this year has been!  She's is about to start her grade 4 level language lessons as she's nearly complete the entire grade 3 language component. Mostly on her own, with little nagging from me.  Yes. No nagging.  I am no longer worried of the 'what ifs' of her entering school.  She easily completes all her work and knows what she has to do each day.  

This week my 7 year old son started T4L on Grade 2 Math and Grade 1 Language.  He is a reluctant reader.  I was unsure if this would work for him as he's not a big computer kid like his sister.  He has really enjoyed it.  I like that the math is read to him, which was a major problem with our other math programs. The lessons are interactive and capture is attention.  He is excelling at his work and most of all, enjoying it! 

The parent reports provide me with an easy-to-read list of what they have finished, how long it took them and what they scored on the quiz or test.  I can choose to save it or print it for our records.  In Ontario, Canada, we are not required to keep any records, reports or portfolios for the local school boards.  


Time4Learning is an online education program that can be used as a homeschooling curriculum, an afterschool tutorial or for summer learning. As a member, I've been given the opportunity to share my experiences. The content in this review was not written by Time4Learning. While I was compensated, the opinion is entirely my own.

No comments: