Friday, November 28, 2008

My Turning Point.

Today I commit to stop yelling and screaming at my kids.
It is counter-productive.
It teaches my kids to yell at each other when they don't get their way.
It steals their self-worth.
It takes away their joy.
It makes me miserable.
It makes me feel like a failure.
When I lose my temper, I see the look of 'I won!" on my son's face. This is my turning point.

I know my kids are worth it. They are bright, intelligent individuals who deserve more effort that I am making lately. I know they will respond with kinder, gentler actions if I do.

1 comment:

Andra said...

I find myself breathing deeply when I am ready to yell. If it's a particularly bad day I talk to myself (yep, I'm nuts but it works!) When I slip up I apologize and start over.
I'm yelling less - for all the reasons you listed - but it's hard, it's so very hard.
I know you can do it. You are a great mom!!