Friday, February 06, 2009

ARRGGGHHH 2 year old!

I hate to say this, I'm having a hard time liking my 2 year old. It's not her fault. She's 2. It's the age. The stage. But I'm really done with 2. Can she just magically be 4? Skip the annoyances of 3.

She's 'me do it' everything, but throws a fit when she can't.
She doesn't go to bed when she has a nap, but needs the nap to make it to bed time.
She throws things.
She breaks my fav. things.
She doesn't eat the good food and screams when she doesn't get the treats.
She runs off.
She shows up in my bed every night. We can't shut the door, as R has a fit if the door's shut.

I want to put her in daycare just for the break.

I know 'this too shall pass' She's almost 2 1/2.

I'm ready to throw a 2yo temper tantrum.

2 comments:

SuperADDmom said...

ohhhh, I hear ya! Sorry you were having a bad 2 year old day.

not to one up you, but perhaps make you feel better, I have bad "2 year old days" with my 8 year old somedays :)

yes indeed...the mantra " this too shall pass" will work...how about locking yourself in the closet with a coffee and a chocolate bar for 20 minutes :P

PolarBear said...

What worked with one kid but not the other was to throw the two-year-old tantrum that you spoke of.

I guess I should not say it didn't work with the boy, it just wasn't the same KIND of worked. But with the girl, she would get all embarrassed that her Mom/Dad was throwing a tantrum and it would curtail them for a couple of weeks.

Bupba would just laugh and then throw another tantrum the next time. Luckily, his weren't the explosive, twice-daily variety like his older sister's...