Saturday, July 11, 2009

Rowan....this is a rant

My hearing is going. My 5yo son is sitting on the table next to me screaming "Mommy! PUT MY SHORTS IN THE DRYER" and has been for almost 3 minutes. This is following the past 15 minutes of constant screaming that my neighbours have had to listen to. What started this? Here it is:

I'm gardening, pulling weeds. Rowan gets his water gun and starts shooting me.
Me: If you continue, I'm putting you in the pool (kiddie size, just above his knees)
R keeps spraying me. So I put him almost in the pool, put him down and say "Do it again and you'll be IN the pool"
R sprays me again. I put him in the pool, on his feet, water makes his shorts just a bit (2" or so) wet and take him back out again. Now started the 15+ minutes tirade of "Dry my shorts! Put them in the dryer" while he's naked in the backyard. Gord put the shorts on the clothes line.

Wow. He finally stopped. Must go get dry shorts for him. 20+ minutes of insane screaming.
He ended with "I want dry shorts please help me stop crying"

No comments: