Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Changes

It's the start of a new year.  I was hoping that after a 2 week break, we would have a fresh start to our schooling. A fresh attitude. No. Apparently not.

It's like we never stopped.  Calla refuses to do her math lessons. It's not that she CAN'T do it. It's that she WON'T do it.  Unless she chooses to do something, it's like trying to move a mountain.

This is a battle we face daily.  I feel that homeschooling is becoming a lost cause, that very shortly she will be starting school.  My biggest concern as we approach traditional school is her writing skills.  She cannot (wait....will not) write. 

I guess part of my reluctance to putting her in school right now is how it will look to others.  The "OMG! This child knows nothing! Did her parent teach her anything? See...homeschooling just messes kids up."  I don't want her to feel upset that she doesn't know how to do what her classmates do because I didn't push it. 

I have set March Break as our decision point.  I want her to be able to write a paragraph by then.  Spelling and punctuation correct.  Let's see what happens.

No comments: