Well, Snowmageddon 2008 has arrived. We have piles of the white stuff. One of those days where you finish the driveway just to start again. During the winter, we 'rent' out one parking space to our neighbour's daughter, so that her car doesn't get ticketed for parking on the street. With that, comes some help with our driveway. I went outside to discover my neighbour just heading in after shovelling the bottom half of our driveway. Much more of it than I expected, so I was very thankful! The bottom 10ft are joined with our neighbour, causing us to shovel all the snow back UP the driveway or completely to the east side. My kids and their friends played on the growing pile of snow between our house and the neighbour's while I finished it up, with some more help from another neighbour. We've fondly named it "Mount Barrow" which appears every winter. Last year was the biggest we've seen it grow. Maybe this winter will break the record. Hmm, or not.
Had a great time today with my friend and her kids. They trudged across the street to our place and we had a chance to catch up while our kids played. E is now old enough to play with the 3yo, the two of them had so much fun with the Polly Pockets and Pet Shops.
Off to wrap presents! 6 sleeps til Christmas
Update: The house still smells like cat and vinegar. Eww.
No comments:
Post a Comment