Christmas Morning:
Waking up at 4am to two very excited children. Sneaking downstairs with them, catching their excitement as they open 'only 1 now and go back to sleep'. Realizing at 4:45am that there isn't going to be any more sleep, allowing them to open their stockings, on the promise that they'll be quiet and stay in their rooms. 5:30 when we're all up, opening all of our stockings.
I finally have my Sony Alpha 300 DSLR. With 2 lenses, 4GB card, tripod and camera case. Now, to learn to use it!! I am finding the flash very bright. Probably because it's new.
It was a busy few days, Christmas afternoon spent with Gord's family, then heading to Brighton to visit my family. My Dad is a bit exhausting, with his constant need to be funny, and not realising that it gets tiring. He doesn't get that every quiet moment doesn't mean he has to say something. There is never a quiet moment when we visit. After a day and a half, I'm ready to go. Rowan gets snapped at, yelled at and misunderstood constantly. Due to his condition, my Dad cannot understand that Rowan is a typical, busy, active 5 year old boy. He will be more active than the girls. If I could keep my mouth shut and just let it go..but I become 'mama bear' defending her son.
Calla received a digital camera from Santa. She LOVES it. I have to pick up a multicard reader so that we can transfer her photos (and mine) without draining the batteries.
Rowan's big gift was the Star Wars At-te (All Terrain Tactical Enforcer) Absolutely huge. It's his favourite toy. We had to do a minor fix (thanks YouTube!) so the legs would stay attached. Now the legs are secure enough that I don't think we could remove them if we wanted to!! Before, if R touched it, the legs popped off.
Eliana has her 'two dollies' as she says. They were a gift from her Aunt and Grandma.
No comments:
Post a Comment